The general meeting will take place on Monday 4 February 2019 in Flora Boskoop, Parklaan 4 in 2771 GB Boskoop, starting at 7:30 PM.
1) 19.30 Opening and welcome by H. van der Louw, chairman of the KVBC
2) 19.40 Documents and announcements received
3) 19.45 Minutes 156th annual meeting dated 5 February 2018
4) 19.55 Annual Report KVBC, which includes the annual report of the trial committee, Dutch Plants Collections and Sortimentstuin Harry van de Laar
5) 20.05 Dendroflora
Ronald Houtman, editor-in-chief of Dendroflora, will look back on Dendroflora number 54-2018 and, as far as possible, look ahead to Dendroflora No. 55-2019.
6) 20.15 Trial committee
The chair of the trial committee, Gert Fortgens, will report on the activities of the trial committee of the past year. Hans van Gemeren will show the nominations for “Best Novelty 2018”. Nominated plants are:
– Buddleja davidii ‘SMNBDBT’ (Rocketstar Indigo)
– Carex morrowii ‘Everglow’ (EverColor)
– Cornus ‘Pevé Sammy’
– Echinacea ‘IFECSSSAL’ (Sunseekers Salmon)
– Hydrangea arborescens ‘NCHA8’ (Bellaragazza Limetta)
– Hydrangea macrophylla ‘ROCO131801’ (Roco Black Knight)
– Hydrangea paniculata ‘Breg14’ (Polestar)
7) 20.25 Dutch Plant Collections
The chairman of the NPC, Cor van Gelderen, will inform the meeting about the developments within the NPC in 2018.
8) 20.35 Sortiment garden Harry van de Laar
Dick Nieuwesteeg, chairman of Stichting Sortimentstuin Harry van de Laar, reports on the developments in 2018.
9) 20.45 Financial overview and adoption of budget and contribution
The financial overview of 2018 and the budget for 2019 will be submitted to the meeting for approval. The treasurer proposes to maintain the contribution for 2019.
10) 20.55 Election of new board members
Retiring and eligible:
H. (Henk) Wischmann (treasurer)
R. (Ronald) Houtman (vice-chairman)
L. (Lendert) de Vos
Resigning and not eligible for re-election:
P. (Peter) van Rijssen
The board proposes as a candidate:
J. (Johan) Stolwijk
According to the articles of association adopted in 2005, an immediate vote can be taken. In the (written) vote it is possible to note other persons on the ballot paper.
During the voting round for the board there will also be an opportunity to vote for the “Best Novelty of 2018”.
11) 21.00 Pause
12) 21.15 Results of the election of the board and announcement “Best Novelty 2018”
13) 21.25 Any other business
14) 21.35 Presentation Wiecher Huisman – Chile
After the purchase of the two impressive parts of the book Conifers around the World, the attention of Wiecher fell on the cover photo of part 2 on which Araucaria are depicted in their natural habitat in Chile. Triggered by the description of the conifers growing in this part of South America, he conceived the plan to go through Chile for six weeks during the festive season and the 2014-2015 winter break in order to study and photograph the vegetation there.
The approximately 5,000 km long journey was divided into four weeks by traveling the wet and green Patagonia and two weeks through the northern dry desert Atacama and the high mountains Altiplano, where Chile borders Peru and Bolivia. An impressive journey gives an impressive presentation. Changing landscapes with known and unknown Chilean plants growing in their natural habitat will be shown during this evening.
15) 22.30 Closing